March 11, 2009

Best Birthday Present

Greysen loves his aunt Rachel. He has been such a good boy since she has been here.
This is the first time that Rachel saw Greysen. I was so excited.
My best friend Rachel moved to Georgia last April and I haven't seen her since. MacKinlay and Shana's family went to Cafe Rio for my birthday dinner on March 9th. I was standing in line ordering when Rachel called and asked, "did you get the package I sent?" "No, I haven't checked the mail today because it snowed." She said, "turn around." There she was standing in Cafe Rio. My mouth dropped I was so shocked. I ran over and gave her a big hug. It was seriously the best birthday present ever.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Happy Birthday! What a fun surprise! Wish we could have seen you in Vancouver but we'll plan it better next time.

Marie said...

Happy late birthday!!!! Hope it was a good one! We need to hang out soon!