August 12, 2011

LITTLE STINKER!!!

Piper is not the little stinker. She is a sweetie pie and here she chillin' at the swim party. Her friend Kota is only 5 weeks older but they don't play much yet.
Here is the little stinker about the jump.
So on Friday we did a pool party over at Kate's house with Greysen's little friend Hannah and Piper's friend Kota. We had fun playing and eating lunch. Greysen and I walked home around 1p so he could take a nap. We get home, I take the swim stuff inside and go out into the garage to get Piper out of the stroller and I hear a loud CLICK. Yes, Greysen decided to lock the garage door with the deadbolt...I was furious. I pounded on the door but he wouldn't come. Then I checked the back door and front door...both locked. I am ringing the door bell and pounding on the door all while holding Piper in 99 degree weather and I have to pee. I was fuming mad and Greysen wouldn't answer the door. I took the screen of the front window but it was locked. I called MacKinlay at work and said he needed to call me a lock smith. He said he was on his way to my rescue. I didn't know how he was going to rescue me since he doesn't carry a house key. I hung up and decided to check the kitchen window over the sink. I am standing on a wobbly chair and finally get the screen off and the window slides open. Hallelujah...I can get in. The window is 7 feet off the ground so I go get a ladder and climb through rather than stand on the wobbly chair and break something. I get inside and I hear Greysen screaming bloody murder. I grab Piper from outside run upstairs and find him in Piper's room behind the crib with his head and arm pinned between the crib and the wall...Pull the crib out from the wall and free him. At this point spanking him was out the question. He was scared and I was holding him as MacKinlay came in the room. Mac admits to me that he came home so that I didn't kill Greysen and I admit to him that I was trying to get inside fast so he didn't come home and kill Greysen. Oh the joys of parenthood. Lesson learned....always have a spare key somewhere.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Seriously, I can't even believe that! I need to put a spare key somewhere too, just as a preventative action! Our doors and windows are always locked, so if Hannah decided to pull that on me, I would be a mess! So glad everyone came out of it alive haha!

Xoxo Grandma said...

True, so very true...just teach Greyson not to tell the whole neighborhood where the hidden key is. Oh, the memories.