January 18, 2009

Greysen Tries OATMEAL!



I have been really frustrated with feeding solids to Greysen. I gave him rice cereal every evening for 8 days straight and he hated it. He would pierce his lips together, wine and cry. My least favorite was when I would put the spoon to his lips and he would blow and cereal would get all over me. The ninth day of food I decided to try a banana and he mostly just sucked on it with a couple of nibbles. The tenth day tonight I tried oatmeal. He did so much better with the oatmeal. I think we are going to say goodbye to the rice cereal for now.
As for a sleep update, Greysen is finally sleeping through the night (10-12 hours). As soon as I decided that I would get up with him all night long and sleep train the next baby he decided that he would sleep through the night. I did sleep with my door closed and the fan on for a couple of nights so he may have cried but he has been sleeping through the night for over a week now. I still check on him 7-10 times a night to make sure he is breathing but I am so relieved he is getting more sleep.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

He's soooo cute!! And yes Kristin you are my K-Spice... :)

Sharon said...

Way to go Greysen and Kristin. Do you want to come train Greta to sleep through the night?
Solid foods are such an adventure! He's still cute as a button.

Becky said...

So funny about checking to see if he is breathing. I don't check, and always assume she must have died.The probable cause of death; suffocation by crying.

Rebecca said...

i am looking at your blog and talking to alison. all i can tell her is to check out this cute baby! he is sooo cute.

Carrie said...

Oh Ki Ki. I'm so glad he's sleeping for you. Quit torturing yourself and stay in bed. He'll be fine. :)

Have you been decorating/crafting at all? If so, please send me some pics.
Carrier Warner